Trusting a letting agent to provide you with a first-class service and to ensure that your investment is looked after is an extremely difficult decision to make. With Shortland Horne the choice is simplified. As the specialist letting and property management division of Shortland Horne, we have a wealth of experience, depth of local knowledge and helpful qualified staff, that you can rely on. We are members of the Property Ombudsman so you can rest assured that your investment will be in safe hands.
Our services include:
- Visiting you at your property, and providing a rental valuation and any other advice which you may require about letting your property.
- Advising you on compliance with the various safety regulations.
- Finding suitable tenants. Your property will be advertised if necessary, however we have excellent contacts with various companies and other establishment personnel departments, and furthermore we usually have tenants waiting.
- Accompanying tenant to view the property.
- Obtaining and evaluating references and credit checks.
- Drafting a suitable tenancy agreement and arranging signature by the tenant.
- Collecting a security deposit and registering with mydeposits in accordance with current legislation.
- Preparing an inventory and schedule of condition of the property
- Check the tenant into the property and agree the inventory.
- Arrange for the transfer of gas, electricity and council tax accounts into the tenant’s name.
- Receiving rental payments monthly in advance, and paying you promptly.
- Inspecting the property periodically, and reporting any problems to you.
- Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in the case of larger works.
- Keeping in touch with the tenant on a routine basis, and arranging renewals of the agreement as necessary.
- Checking tenants out as required, re-letting and continuing the process with the minimum of vacant periods to ensure that you receive the optimum return from your property.
- Optional and comprehensive rent guarantee scheme which includes breach of tenancy cover.
This is a simplified snapshot of our process, so please do not hesitate to contact one our team who will happily walk you through our hassle-free service.