We provide unrivalled local knowledge and expert property auction advice tailored entirely around you.

House auctions can provide you with the ideal opportunity to sell a property quickly and effectively, without compromising on price. Get in touch with the dedicated Auction Department at Shortland Horne today.

 

An alternative route for selling your home

The opportunities available to those selling their home has evolved massively. While traditional sale strategies continue to play a key role in the housing market, auctioning your property now provides homeowners with a whole new and successful environment for selling.

 

And property auctions have come a long way. Modern-day house auctions offer a far more flexible route, giving sellers the chance to reach a wider audience, which results in securing a quick sale, involves minimal stress and maximises profit.

 

Shortland Horne is a family-run estate agent, dedicated to the successful selling of homes across Coventry and Warwickshire. Are you considering selling your property by auction? Let’s discuss your options and together, we can decide which route is best for you.

 

The benefits of auctioning a property

  • Zero-fees

Opting for a property auction means you have the option to sell for 0%* sales fee.

*Buyers’ fees apply.

  • Secured interest from dedicated and committed buyers

A 10% deposit is required immediately from any successful bidder, with the remaining 90% balance transferred upon completion, which means less time wasted and guaranteed peace of mind for you, the seller.

  • Control over property value

You set the reserve price, giving you control over the sales price.

  • Competitive bidding

In some cases, a property auction can see final bids far exceed your asking price. Expert guidance and advice from the Auction Department at Shortland Horne will help ensure you set a realistic reserve price to encourage competitive bidding, resulting in sellers getting the maximum price for their property.

  • Fast, simple and problem-free completion

House actions have the potential to provide sellers with a fast, simple and stress-free option. After all, once a successful, winning bid has been placed, an exchange and completion date will be decided. 

Types of auction

At Shortland Horne, we are driven by the needs of our clients. We are committed to delivering a flexible auction service, shaped entirely around your ambitions and requirements. The two main types of property auctions we can support you with are:

  • Online auctions

Online property auctions give sellers complete flexibility, enabling them to set a timescale determined by their individual circumstances. They can start on any preferred day and run for as long as required.

  • Live in-room auctions

Live in-room property auctions take place on a certain day at a specific site, with the successful bidder securing the sale immediately. At Shortland Horne, our experienced team hold over 40 house auctions up-and-down the country every year, so if you feel this is the route you would like to explore, get in touch.

 

Prior to the auction, we will market your property in the usual ways, including advertising via a ‘for sale’ board, as well as listing on Rightmove and our website. Your property will also be promoted via our trusted database of partners, giving you the chance to reach a much wider audience.

Why Shortland Horne?

  • We promise honest and realistic advice
  • We deliver bespoke solutions depending on your individual circumstances
  • We come with an undeniable wealth of industry knowledge and experience
  • We are driven by our passion for successfully selling your property

Book your consultations

If you are based in Coventry or Warwickshire and are thinking about selling your property, and would like to discuss your options, including property auction opportunities, then get in touch with the trusted team at Shortland Horne.

 

Letting Awards Letting Awards Letting Awards Letting Awards Letting Awards Letting Awards